It’s been a nice week for me … I typically send out around 5 submissions to magazines and online lit websites. For some reason this week, I got back three “Your Work Has been Accepted …” emails. Unfounded. The rejection rate is usually much higher, just how that thing goes.
I thought I’d share the links to the pieces that got accepted. All three places are websites that I absolutely love.
- Citizens for Decent Literature (CFDL) if you don’t know, is a place on the internet dial that gathers together many of the beautiful people on the small press scene and networks everything together making it easily accessible, easy to find– through their wiki. I got my start, in submitting, by finding their wiki and reading all the sites that they link together. They are legit art punk goodness. Check them out
- Red Fez is a website that I’m enamored with. They always have wild, interesting writing and they update monthly
- The Weekenders is a magazine that I have loved through a few incarnations. It was a blogspot site with a different name. Then it was a wordpress site. Now it has taken the form or a true digital magazine. Good things will come from there … stay tuned
If I didn’t lose you, here are three pieces that I was lucky enough to find homes for this week.
- Love In the Warzones of the Wild– a poem about the wilds.
- They Will Tear You Apart– Teen Pregnancy, X-Files on VHS, killing an animal in the road with a 1988 Mercury Cougar. Not in that order…
- More Cherries– A young man goes to the NJ Boardwalk with two girls who are down from college and going steady with each other, he’s trying to get in the middle.
Thanks for reading and for being cool as ice. Do me a solid, leave me some comments in the bottom down there so that I know you’re out there. I’m making some handmade zines and I’d like some interested parties who would like to get some in the snail mail.